Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May 1st, 2017

HEY
     So this week was nothing but the best! 
I'm just gonna jump right into it, sooooo fall is starting up here which is like the biggest blessing ever cause it's not hot as heck here every day anymore. Still short sleeve weather and all but now its ok! 

     So only in Parana there is this nut thing called Pinhão that's way good. It grows on this tree that only grows here in Parana so every house we go to we eat a ton. It's like cashew kinda but tastes like potato. Not really sure how to describe it.
     Also another huge thing here is avocado for dessert. Everyone loves avocado with sugar. When I first heard it I thought it was pretty nasty and told everybody that avocado is meant to be eaten with salt but they looked at me as if I was crazyyyy so I decided to try it out. 
New favorite dessert: avocado with lime and sugar !
Turns out its actually way good and now I can't stop! Don't judge it till ya try it!

     Yesterday was Curitiba vs Atletico soccer game and their stadium is here in my area so literally every living soul was watching which made for the worst day of work hahaha Brazillians love their soccer. 

     Funny story of the week: 
We were walking home the other night and this drunk guy started chasing after me screaming AMERICAN AMERICAN so  stopped to talk to him. He starts telling me all about how his body is a temple and how he should stop drinking and take more care of himself and a long time ago he studied about Joseph Smith and started telling us all about how great of a guy he must've been. 
Usually people say it the other way around but two thumbs up for this guy that put a smile on our faces at the end of the day.

     Life here is great still! Rejane is super solid. She is loving the church and is already bffs with the whole ward. Shes getting ready for baptism on may 13th and is way excited!
I love this work!

     We had a a zone conference with Elder Aidukaitis of the 70 this week which was way great. He taught us lots about planning!

Pics:
Elder R Santos Elder J Santos and Elder Fuzaro
My zone (Jardim do sol) and Guarapuava zone


No comments:

Post a Comment