Monday, October 16, 2017

October 2nd, 2017

     So this week was a big ol ten out of ten!
General conference was killer. Learned a lot as always and had a way good time with the whole crew. My new ward here is freaking sick and I am loving it. Pretty sure someone said that every area you go is better than the last and that's been way true in the mish haha love all of my areas and I know that God has perfectly put me in every place I need to be.
     So this week was pretty awesome, we had some great experiences.
The first was that here in the ward there is an awesome family of recent converts and they gave us a referral of this 12 year old kid named victor. He's like the funniest kid I've ever met and was bouncing of the walls the whole lesson but we finally got to talk to him seriously, and invited him to pray. The next day when we went back (well Elder Zanini and Elder S. Rocha went back cause we went on splits) he told us he prayed and that night had a dream and received his answer! He is going to be baptized here soon! 
      This Saturday we should also have the Paulo´s baptism. He´s another awesome investigator that's had a lot of questions. We marked a follow-up interview to show him that he is ready but he said he wouldn't be baptized until his mom got baptized. His mom got baptized last Saturday so if all goes well his baptism will be this Saturday! 
     Joni l. Koch that gave an awesome talk about not judging others yesterday is from Ala 5! It was way weird seeing him here in the ward and giving a talk in general conference a couple days later!! He's an awesome guy! I loved all the talks but something that really hit home for me was, A religion that doesn´t require sacrifice will never help you develop the faith necessary to return to the presence of Heavenly Father.
I know this is the church of Jesus Christ and I know that it is being guided by a prophet called of God; Thomas S. Monson.
I love this work! 
Love you all!
Some pics with some of the awesome families in Ala 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment