Monday, April 16, 2018

April 10th, 2018

Hey everyone! So sorry for not writing last week! I totally forgot but this weeks email will be better hahaha
SO the Assistants called us and told us we would be going to the temple on Tuesday which is why we are emailing today!
So we knew we were going to have to get up really early because our temple session was at 9 am and we live like 3 hours from the temple by bus and like 30 minutes by car just for you guys to have an idea of how long these freaking buses take to get anywhere. So us four elders decided it would be better to have a member call an uber for us cause it'd be a little more expensive but we could sleep like 2 more hours haha so we called a member the night before to confirm the price and they said it would be about R$30 which is like $8 and then in the morning we are all getting ready to go and the member calls us and was like Elder because there aren't any drivers here in Araucária the Uber is gonna end up being about R$80 and we didn't have the money in cash with us in the house to pay that so we were like freak. I told the member I would call her back and we hung up. We were like well freak lets say a prayer. We prayed and literally right as we said amen the member called and told us that one driver had logged in and offered to do it for R$30 which was the first #miracle
As the uber was getting there, Elder Eddington lost his wallet with his recommend so we said another prayer and as we said Amen he went and it was on his bed #miracles
We get to the temple and I had some real spiritual experiences and got some real answers to some questions I had for a long time. It was definitely one of the most spiritual experiences i have had in the temple and it was a lot of #miracles
then we get to the temple store and in the beginning of my mish I bought the book of Mormon triple combo in the mtc and was like well I don't even know Portuguese so I'll buy the bible to finish it off in the end of the mission. When I walked in to the store there was a sign that said the leather bound bibles that were usually $50 was now only $10! So I went to grab one and she was like actually we are all out! And I was sad and all and she was like but you can look in the back! So I went digging and found 2 leather bound bibles in the back! The only two left all hidden in a  ton of boxes! #miracle
Then I have been trying to get my hands on  a certain copy of Jesus the Christ in English but that's impossible to find here cause nobody speaks English but I decided to ask her and she was like no we only have in Portuguese and then like 5 minutes later she walks out of the back and was like you are not gonna believe what I found! Salt Lake randomly sent us a box with one english hymn book, one English book of Mormon and one English copy of JESUS THE CHRIST and i was like whattttttttttttttttttttt and then she was like the only problem is I don't know what the price is so after a long process talking to São Paulo she said I was gonna have to come back another day and I was like but we aren't allowed to we only come once every 6 months then out of nowhere she got a message from São Paulo telling her the price literally right as we were leaving! #miracles
As we were headed to the bus I realized I didn't have money to get the bus and was like frick. We walked to the bus station and I didn't know what to do and when I put my hand in my suit coat I found R$4.25 which is the EXACT bus price which was NUTS or as we like to call it #miracles.

Life here is literally the best
Tomorrow, Mark basset the area 70 is gonna be here and we have a meeting with him and all the zone leaders and on Friday we have a zone conference with him which  will be way lit and I am so excited!!!
I love the mission and I know the Lord is willing to bless all those that will keep his commandments and show faith in him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!


some of my favs
this owl just being a straight up savage 
the gang at the temple


No comments:

Post a Comment