Monday, September 19, 2016

September 16, 2016

    WOO hey everyone! Hope you all had super awesome weeks! I cannot believe how fast time is flying here! I feel like I was on yesterday andon monday I fly out of here to Curitiba! I am way beyond stoked to go. The CTM has been great and I have learned a ton about the gospel and language which was definitely necessary lol but I am ready to start working and have some awesome experiences. So this week was like the rest. Lots of sitting at a desk and learning all day but I do have the funny story of the week.

      So on  monday Elder Nydegger woke up sick and we went to see the doctor and he had a high fever and had to stay in the room all day. Around dinner time, Elder Herlin and I were bringing dinner to the room for him. We were in the elevator, the door opens and we step out. Almost right as we get out the power goes out. Like a minute earlier and we would´ve been trapped in the elevator. My family knows how much I love elevators.(They were my childhood fear) Anyways the entire building is pitch black and it's way hot here so the building just started getting wicked hot cause no a/c. Because it's so warm all the time here, the entire CTM is an open air building. We were not really sure what was going on but we had basketball time so we changed and went out to play. By the time we got out to the court the lights were back on. We get to the court and there are literally billions of these little moth fly things everywhere. You couldn't even see the lamp posts because there were so many of them around it. IT was nasty, but we thought no big deal. This was before we tried playing. These bugs were literally everywhere. It was like a plague jklol. They wouldn´t let you run on the track because you just inhale them. They were also like super fragile so you would just be standing there, they would fly into you and just drop dead and their wings fall off. Super duper strange. Then like 10 minutes later the court just clears up and theres like literally not a bug in sight. It was really really weird. We finish playing and head back inside to find that because the power went out and the dorms are all like way hot now that all these bugs went inside because they are tropical and attracted to heat. So all the milllion bugs were in our rooms and bathroom and halls. Super funny just cause it was way crazy. Then like a snap again they all dissappeared leaving a bunch of wings and dead moths all over the floor. Quite the experience!

     





This week we also got to sing the national anthem with all the American missionaries on 9/11 which was really special. Proscelyting this week was super good and super cool! We had a lot of great conversations. We were talking to this one guy at a bus stop and this lady comes running down the street screaming "MISSIONARIES!!! I WANT A BOOK OF MORMON! TELL ME YOUR MESSAGE!" Apparently she has been searching for missionaries for a while and wants to start reading the Book of Mormon. It was super cool but I know it won't always be that easy! That is about all I have for this week! You all rock! I don't know when I will email next because my whole schedule will change but probably next monday so a little over a week! Go Team God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment